Boards & Commissions

Boards & Commissions - Members Listing

Fair Housing Workgroup
The City of Clute, in an effort to affirmatively further Fair Housing, has formed a Work Group to assess and evaluate local Fair Housing practices. The Work Group will identify concerns and impediments to Fair Housing within the City of Clute, and will create a Fair Housing Action Plan to provide guidelines to the City for steps that can be taken to improve the City of Clute’s Fair Housing practices.

Fair Housing Workgroup Member Listing

Keep Clute Beautiful Commission
Meets on the third Monday of each month at 5:00 p.m.  This commission makes policy recommendations to the City Council in regard to city-wide policies to enhance the scenic beauty of the city; to recommend policies to decrease the amount of loose refuse in the City; develop recognition programs; act as liaison with the Keep Brazoria County Beautiful Association and Keep Texas Beautiful organizations.

Parks & Recreation Board
Meets on the second (2nd) Monday each month at 6:30 p.m.  This Board makes policy recommendations to the City Council regarding the use, upkeep and management of all City parks and recreation property including recommendations on capital improvements.

Traffic Commission
Meets on  the fourth (4th) Tuesday each month at 6:00 p.m.  This Commission make policy recommendations to the City Council regarding the operations and parking of vehicles and movement of pedestrians; recommends to Council adoption of ordinances providing for erection of traffic signs, markings, signals and other traffic control devices.

Planning & Zoning Commission
Meets on the first (1st) and third (3rd) Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.  This Commission develops a five (5) year plan; exercises control over platting or subdividing; recommends to the City Council changes in zoning; conducts public hearings regarding zoning changes and specific use permits.
Planning & Zoning Board Duties and Responsibilities

Board of Adjustments
Meets as needed.  This Board hears and decides administrative appeals; special exceptions to terms of the zoning ordinance; and, in specific cases, authorizes variances from the terms of the zoning ordinance.

If you are interested in becoming involved in the community you may fill out an application to serve on one of the city boards and commissions.  Applications may be acquired from the City Clerk and are also available on this web site.